So Here We Go Again

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

I'd love to blame the holidays for my lack of posting -- after all, it was a bit before Thanksgiving when you last saw me here -- but the truth is simply that I don't wanna.

Yep. Don't wanna.

But as it's the end of the year -- the end of a very long, very strange year -- I figured it was time to reappear.

How are you?

...

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Had you asked me a year ago, I would have said that by now I'd be in Denver, maybe even back to living alone and enjoying what my early thirties have to offer with a full complement of health benefits and a 401(k). I'd have gone on a couple of road trips and perhaps I'd be saving up for a big trip overseas.

As I've mentioned previously, however, this year has not gone as expected.

First, of course, was the job situation. When the initial change didn't take, I ended up with a temporary gig ... that just keeps reappearing. Then a few months back, my Roommate-For-Life moved back to the area. As luck would have it, just this last week we acquired an apartment not far from downtown Rapid City.

Which means I'm finding myself with a very different job in a very different place than I initially expected.

With very different people.

It hasn't been all bad. It's nice to walk into a job and have people be so darn happy to see you. And I'm actually quite excited about the apartment. (I'll be thrilled when the snow lets up and I can actually fully move in.)

And did I mention the people?

There's the RFL, of course, along with Ms. B, who also moved back to the area. And then there's the Tall Guy, who has been one of the brightest spots.

All of this means that although I'm not particularly sad to see 2017 go, I have to admit that it wasn't entirely awful.

High praise indeed.

I have hope, though. I think. Maybe. 2018 holds some promise, in the form of potential travel and all sorts of shenanigans with the RFL and the Tall Guy. There are things to be found and new challenges to tackle (and yes, perhaps a bunch more job applications in my future).

It's going to be a one day at a time kind of year, but those days look pretty good.

Provided, of course, it gets back above freezing in the near future...

Comments

Jill said…
:) I think the future is brighter than ever for you!! Love you and your amazing spirit!

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

Adventures In Employment: In The Beginning