Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Bubble

I know, I know. I should try to stay on topic. Korea. All that.

But I was sorting through some of the pictures on my computer and I came across this. Which sent me down a blogging rabbit trail.



You see, this picture says a lot more than it seems. First, it tells me that yes, I have lost weight since moving here. It also shows me the people that I previously only identified as "My Brother's Friends" but now consider pretty much my friends as well. And apparently my Summer Shadow started that gig earlier than I realized. (Finally! I have a blog name for her!)

But it shows something else, something I already knew to be true. Something I once thought might be shifting but ... well, it isn't.

I really, really prefer my personal bubble to remain intact.

It's true. At nearly thirty years old, I'm still too socially awkward for hugging. And while I know the people in this photo particularly well (I mean, one of them is my brother, for crying out loud) I am so unbelievably uncomfortable at that moment in time that there's really not a lot of hope.

In hindsight, though, I admit it's absolutely hilarious. They certainly got a kick out of it.

Jerks.

No comments: