My New Normal

The last few weeks have been all sorts of nutty. I mean, December alone brought about a new job for me, an engagement (not mine) and Shorty's official decision about what to do with his life. Our family had a very eventful month.

Then I got to move.

Since then, any attempt to settle into a routine has been thwarted by my anything-but-routine job. I'm getting stuff done around the house slowly (my kitchen is now TARDIS blue and that makes me happy) but I still don't have a properly arranged living room. I've attended classes on managing our website and our water treatment system (kind of right up my alley, actually), helped cook meals, and found a few opportunities to reacquaint myself with our rather muddy trails -- but my refrigerator still only has milk, leftovers from a restaurant, and a six-pack of beer.

The weather hasn't helped. Yesterday, a few of us hiked M-Hill in Rapid. Today, we got something like four inches of snow. (I love January.) If it's nice, I want to find trails. If it's not, I still don't want to paint.

Funny how that goes.

Now, as I continue to adjust to my job and the fact that it's kind of a 24/7 gig, as I dive into Coursera classes, as I reconcile the fact that my boys aren't in the Super Bowl, I find that this new normal isn't so bad. In fact, it's interesting and exciting and even fun.

Now if only the weather would cooperate and get me out of painting again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review