What's That Buzzing Sound?

Aside from the fact that there's still a small lurking chance I'll end up in China at the end of November. And aside from the fact that I actually want to go to China, partially because it'll be an adventure and partially because I can't convince my brain I've done enough traveling this year (which is a lie) and partially because that means my first-ever project will be starting up ...

And aside from my wandering sentences.

Aside from all that, I'm starting to get really excited about the things coming up for the remainder of this year. And starting to hope that said start-up will get just a little delayed. I know it's not good business practice to hope for such things, but, well ...

There's just so darn much going on. I don't want to miss it all.

Take, for instance, this woman. She just released a cookbook ... like, yesterday ... and in her ensuing book tour, she'll actually be in Minneapolis. Minneapolis! It's right there. I could actually go get my (pre-ordered, on its way) cookbook signed.

That sounds silly even to me. But you have to understand that this woman is one of my heroes. She can do some crazy cool stuff with a kitchen. And a camera.

And, well, her website is full of photos of cowboys in chaps. It's a good thing.

And then ... The Holidays. Yes, that's right -- they're almost here.

I know. You don't want to hear it. But it's unavoidable, as Shopko has been telling me for over a month now.

I'd like to spend said Holidays with my family. Shorty, my newly not-single brother. My parents, who are planning a trip to Seoul to visit Mia Sorella right after Christmas. You know. Important folks in my life who have lives of their own so the only time even half-guaranteed is holiday time.

Plus -- face it, you knew I wasn't done yet -- there's the company holiday [I'm not allowed to say "Christmas"] party. Only the biggest event of the year. And arguably most fun.

And then there's our ugly sweater party! And New Year's! And ... My goodness, I'm high-strung today.

[Picture taken yesterday in the parking lot at work.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review