Turning A New Leaf

It alarmed me this morning when I was walking into work and I realized that the leaves were starting to turn. Already? Well, I guess it is mid-September. I mean, it's not crazy to be seeing a bit more fuchsia in the leaves, especially up here where leaf season lasts over a month.

 
With fall, though, comes a chance for something new and different. And whether or not I meant to, I've been doing just that -- I have had a Girl Week.

 
Seriously. It started with some shopping at the Arts Festival this weekend. I haven't spent that much time ogling jewelry since -- well, ever, actually. Tuesday night I hosted an Arbonne party and actually bought some stuff (which is pretty well unprecedented). And yesterday I got my hair cut and the dress I had ordered showed up.

 
I also found out that I get to be a bridesmaid next year, which was way exciting (not the bridesmaid part so much as the fact that they're finally getting married -- congratulations, Bri and Wayne!).

 
Aside from the fact that I've also spent at least eight hours a day doing engineer-y things, I feel more like a girl than I have in ages. It's fantastic. I've missed it. A lot.

 
I'm reclaiming a part of myself -- namely, that part that for at least the last six years has been habitually neglected. She's needed more attention than she's gotten and it's about time I recognized that fact.

 
How long will it hold, though? Who knows. Maybe this is a turn to some new form of normalcy. Maybe I can finally strike some sort of balance.

 
That would be awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review