The Unnecessary Multitasking Of Today

You ever have one of those days where you realize that perhaps you are voluntarily stretching yourself too thin?

I don't mean one where your job is taking too much out of you, or where there are any external forces making you do more than you can actually handle comfortably. I mean perhaps you look at what you're working on and wonder why exactly you're attempting to do all of this simultaneously.

On the other hand ... enchiladas on the deck.
Right now, I'm working on a post about my most recent hike up Harney (yesterday was the 8th for the year) that took a turn because the peak is in the midst of a naming battle that is not as settled as it first seems. I also have two videos open -- the first is part of a Coursera class on the biology of cancer and it's titled "Genetic Variation and Mutation" because my downtime is questionable, and the second is a Crash Course Literature video on The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn because sometimes my downtime is exceptionally questionable.

This wouldn't be complete, though, without the Pinterest tab where I'm finding recipes for next week. Of course.

So exactly why am I trying to do all of this at once? I don't have a good answer for that. However, it has become a classic example of the sum of the parts taking up waaaaay more time than each would individually if I would focus on one thing at a time instead of attempting to multitask.

Perhaps it's time to walk away from the computer for a minute and prioritize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review