And Just Like That...

... It's quiet.

This is it. This is the first real post-summer break. It feels abrupt -- all of the sudden, I was able to sit on my deck at 2PM and not worry. Not wonder if things were getting clean. Not wonder when a group was going to appear. (Or IF they would appear.) Not make an enormous list for the next day.

No, my plans got much simpler rather suddenly. I have hikes to tackle. A kayaking outing planned. Books to read. Letters to write. Nothing too pressing, nothing absurdly urgent -- things I want to accomplish but that I can do at a pace that fits the task instead of the time.

Oh, and sleep. As it turns out, my body doesn't accept summer as well as it used to. Rest is required.

This time of year is extra amusing as I surf Facebook and see all the back-to-school posts. While everyone else is gearing up for homework and early morning band and soccer/football/cross country practice, I'm making a leisurely pot of coffee and relaxing on my deck with a book and a laptop.

Don't worry. It won't last. September has plenty of activity, and we don't really have a lot of rest time in October.

But for the next few days? I intend to enjoy my break.

Now. Back to the Half Blood Prince and his machinations...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review