Highs/Lows This Week

On the last night of camp at the last campfire, it is semi-traditional for the smaller camps to do a round of highs and lows (and sometimes mid-week, but we'll stick with the end of the week). It's been awhile since I've done that here, and this week ... it seems like a good idea. I'm going to go in reverse order, since I like to end on a high note.

This last week (since my weeks tend to go from Friday to Friday) has involved five different camps, some changes around the place, and not a lot of sleep.

Lows:
- There was a fire on M-Hill yesterday that seems to be mostly under control now. Scary to see the flames right in the middle of Rapid City.
- We're now down a staff member.'
- The exhaustion is a bit extreme.
- In related news, at some point an unknown perpetrator (accidentally?) swapped our regular and decaf coffee in the camp's industrial coffee pot. Which explains the headache I've had for the last three days...

Highs:
- It's kind of a high-low, but I got to lead our littlest kids' camp this past weekend. I say high-low because (a) it was hard to take that on while also doing my regular job, but (b) it was a lot of fun and I must not have done horribly. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves and the adults that were involved were very positive.
- In related news, I love story time. Not exactly a surprise.
- The weekend of the 4th was awesome and made the rest of the week much easier.
- The weather has been nearly perfect all week long.
- The four camps currently on site have all gone quite well. The stories I've heard so far are almost entirely positive, which is relatively rare.
- I was spontaneously hugged by three different campers today and I didn't freak out.


Now that I'm heading into a fairly light weekend, I think I'm ready for some serious outside-of-camp time ... and some kayaking ... hiking ... hmmmmm ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review