Sunday, May 15, 2016

Lessons

When I drove to Portland a couple years back, I did something dumb.

I didn't give myself any recovery time.

And I mean any. I drove back into camp, parked my car, started a load of laundry -- and then walked up to the kitchen to join in on supper. When I say I started work right away, I mean within fifteen minutes.

Tonight, after another long-haul day, I find myself in Denver. I'm going to make my drive tomorrow a bit more leisurely ... and then I'll have a couple of days to clean house, do laundry, and for crying out loud, get caught up.

Relax. Hike. Write. Read. Find a place for the hammock, weather permitting. And get a some work done a little bit at a time, as the opportunity and inclination strike.

It's been an excellent last couple weeks, but I'm not done just yet.

No comments: