The Week

Did Christmas just plain sneak up on anyone else?

There I was, minding my own business, getting my shopping done slowly and making plans for what I thought was a far-off future ... and I turned around and it was December 20th.

What? It's the 23rd? ... Crap.

I'm almost done. I've declared myself done shopping, there are only a few more things to wrap, and I've got the ingredients to my contributions to Christmas dinner. I think. Hopefully. The weather looks surprisingly cooperative, by late tonight my siblings will at least all be in the same time zone as the rest of us, and really all that's left to take care of is laundry.

Except there are more interesting things to do. Christmas is also that lovely time of year when people flock back to town for the holidays and I get to be surprisingly social. This year, I even got a surprise in the form of Ms. B (really, I should call her Ms. Bbbb), who I haven't seen in actual multiple years. Summer staffers that are from the area are trickling in. Mr. Rogers will be back for a few days. At least one aunt/uncle pair will be here next week.

Somehow, laundry and other such nonsense just doesn't seem as interesting as the chance at a social life.

Oh well. I have a few more hours of time that completely belongs to me. Suppose I should make the most of it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review