Christmas Catch-Up

I'm having one of those weeks where I realize just how much of an adult I actually am.

Bear with me here.

First, I got exactly what I asked for for Christmas. One of these things was a memory foam mattress topper, easily the least exciting thing I've requested since I realized five years ago that I could use a powered screwdriver. And let me tell you -- that mattress topper was everything I hoped it could be. I haven't gotten that great a night's sleep at home in forever.

This also happened.


If you've been here for any length of time, you will know that my xkcd love is well-documented. Thing Explainer is Randall Munroe's expansion of a comic that described the Saturn V rocket only in the most common English words. The book is downright beautiful, including detailed drawings and simplistic explanations for everything from smartphones to bridges to the sun's structure. (Now I want a poster-sized version of his periodic table.)

And that copy of The Martian is signed by Andy Weir.

!!!!!!!!

I also got gift cards to apply to a pair of climbing shoes ... and now they're on the way. For those keeping track at home, that makes me an absurdly practical nerd who still likes to get outside every now and then. In other words, a functional adult.

Then I got back home and realized that I'd managed to run out of almost all essentials at the exact same time.

I'm almost impressed. Laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, milk -- all gone at once, exactly one day after I got back to my house. All things I buy at different rates, all gone at the end of the year.

I'm not sure if that makes me a bad adult or just kind of a sad human being, but now I need to run to Target.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review