Sidebar

I believe I've mentioned before that I have a mild addiction to audiobooks. They're fantastic for long drives (like having someone in the car with you telling stories) and here and there I stumble across something that I can't stop listening to ... and therefore have to find excuses to go for a drive.

If you're into random history like me, I highly recommend Dead Wake by Erik Larson (author of Devil in the White City, which I also recommend). The book walks through the sinking of the RMS Lusitania from various points of view -- passengers, then-President Wilson, even the commander of the German U-boat that sank it. The story is told with both the opening of World War I and the sinking of the Titanic three years earlier in mind.

All in all, it's absolutely fascinating, and as I enjoy audio versions of nonfiction, I almost have to recommend it in that particular way.

And, because there really is an xkcd for everything, I was reminded of this as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review