Monday, July 27, 2015

Words.

There are certain hazards to my job that I didn't necessarily predict. Things like the shopping trips for cookies, soda, and eight rolls of plastic wrap. The conversations about emergency rooms. The number of times I've given directions to Mount Rushmore. [Sigh.]

But then there are days that reach ridiculous levels. Today, all of these sentences/exchanges actually occurred.

*

"Pharaoh's army isn't very intimidating this year. Probably because there are two Ninja Turtles and an M&M."

*

"Sure. Jared can be Bob."

*

"No. If you climb the rocks, everyone will want to and then you'll all have poison ivy. And you know what? I'll laugh at you and you'll deserve it." [... I'm not very nice.]

*

"I'll ask. We can maybe even do it legitimately, and he can bless them after they get back from rock climbing."

*

"Yes, Ashley, we needed those! Why weren't there bananas in our first aid kit?"

"I know, in case of those potassium emergencies. I'll work on that."

*

 "Fish sticks and boys. About the same level of trustworthiness."
 
*
 
I should have been collecting all summer long....

1 comment:

missyjane said...

Did we not have a book of these when we all worked out there?!?! :)