Feeling The Years

Well!

Summer days are rarely perfectly smooth. Which could explain the way this whole weekend has played out -- it hasn't been bad, but I wouldn't say everything's gone as planned. It's camp. It's all about flexibility.

A fact that hits a lot closer when the rest of the full-timers are out of town.

Now, after a couple random crises and a couple really long days, I find myself at home, enjoying the solitude.

Hoping for a couple days of relatively dry weather.

Hoping for a smooth week with our first real camp.

Halfway wishing I could have seen Jay wrestle a calf today.

... Maybe more than halfway, knowing that the whole crowd would have been fun.

This is my life, and some days it exhausts me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review