Someone Else's Wisdom.

Today, I'm sending you over to Wait But Why.

Tim wrote a piece on friendship as you age that ... well. It pretty well summarizes something I've been dealing with since I moved out here.

When you’re a kid, or in high school, or in college, you don’t really work too hard on your friend situation. Friends just kind of happen ... Once student life ends, the people in your life start to shake themselves into more distinct tiers.

 
 
The tiers ... they make so much sense.
 
I don't live in a place that's particularly conducive to making new friends -- and particularly not new friends that are in the same place in life. Most of my friends are married and having kids, something I can only sort of relate to ... or they're not my age. His article put a good chunk of that into perspective and may actually alter the way I communicate with some people. (Or, you know, inspire me to actually communicate. I've been terrible for awhile with that.)
 
Just click on the picture below -- I'll also mention that there's a language warning with this one.
 
10 Types of Odd Friendships...
 
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review