March At Last

Hush, please. That is enough, Margaret. If you cannot think of anything appropriate to say, you will please restrict your remarks to the weather.
- Mrs. Dashwood, "Sense and Sensibility" (the 1995 film version)


In addition to being terribly unfocused, I haven't had much of anything to say. Clearly, because I've put you guys through plenty of useless posts before when I hit such a spell. Not this time.

Alas, I cannot stay silent forever.

I admit, a good chunk of that has been weather-induced. It has been ... just plain cold and annoying here. We've had snow for five solid months. While I am usually quite excited about the first snowfall and I don't generally lose much enthusiasm for it over the winter, I am ... exhausted.

This probably has something to do with how it all started.

Seriously, I'm just ... done with winter.

So you can imagine my delight when today brought 60+ degrees. It even looked like it was going to rain for a large chunk of the day (which for those who are unfamiliar, would aid in the melting of snow).

Basically, it was awesome.

It's almost spring. Granted, last year we had spring for about a month, then another month of winter, and then it was summer ... but I'm holding out hope that things work out this year and we can maybe have a bit more, shall we say, moderation. I'd like to spend a bit more time wandering the Hills before the chaos of summer.

Doesn't seem like it should be so much to ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review