Resolute

Yes, it's that time of year again. A time to reflect on the year that has passed and look forward to the year ahead. A time to regroup, if necessary.

Yep.

In my newly found zest for this time of year (or maybe because it's cold and rainy outside I figured I should work on things inside instead), I've managed to finish my 101 Things/1001 Days list. And ... I've got my work cut out for me.

It could be summarized as a collection of lesses and mores.

Less junk food. Because I, like millions of Americans, like the fried and sugary things in life.

Less junk drink. Because I, like millions of Americans, like the carbonated and sugary things in life.

(Hmm. A trend.)

Less wasted time.

Specifically, less time spent cursing the Internet and telling it to grow up and move out of its mother's basement, stop feeding off ridiculous cat videos, and give up its nasty habit of drinking the bitterness of the self-righteous anger of an entire generation unable to use proper grammar. (In this case, the Internet lives with its mother, a corded touchtone phone, and its stepdad, Al Gore. ... Look, it's not a perfect analogy.)

More time spent face-to-face with real humans.

More time moving.

More time outside the camp, which while I love it, gets probably too much of my attention.

More peaks reached, more trail miles, more new things attempted and old things re-attempted.

While 2013 was in many ways fantastic, I want more out of 2014. And that's all there is to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review