Overdone

There was a point in my life where I could pack for a weekend trip in one bag and fifteen minutes.

Those days are gone.

I say this because, at this exact moment in time, there are five bags out in my living room: two suitcases, one backpack, one carry-on, and a computer bag. Three of those are going to Korea with me while the other two hang out in Denver. I will have no fewer than three coats, four pairs of shoes, and six books packed by the time I'm done.

In all fairness, some of this is strategic. I'm trying to minimize how much stuff I need to move from my Denver suitcase to my Korea suitcase so as to not leave something behind (in either place). And the books are a simple case of a lack of self control. (I'll make up my mind as to what stays by Wednesday morning. I don't really feel like hauling those along.)

There are also a pile of small Christmas presents in there or I could probably get away with not checking a bag. (I really miss those days.) There may be a little strategy there as well, in the form of saving space to bring stuff back.

Now, as I wait for my last load of laundry to finish drying, I can start checking things off the checklist. I'm almost done. Almost ready to hit the road.

However, I'm refusing to go anywhere until the temperature hits at least zero. Is that really so much to ask?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review