Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Not Quite Sleepy

For as long as I can remember, I've dealt with varying levels of insomnia.

It's hereditary. My dad's always been an insomniac, and Mia Sorella has problems as well. I seem to be the lucky one, in that it doesn't happen to me quite as frequently or for as long -- but it's still there, still lurking every now and then to mess with a week.

These last couple of weeks, it's been bad.

Maybe it's because every night this summer, I fell into bed absolutely exhausted. Now I'm not totally draining myself of energy ... Maybe my body doesn't know how to react.

Maybe it's caffeine-related.

Maybe it's because I'm leaving on my road trip soon and my brain won't shut down.

Or -- and this seems most likely -- it could just be time for another bout.

By all means, I'll have to be up for a couple more hours before tonight "officially" counts, but it seems I'm on track to make it a four-night special. Hopefully that means tomorrow night I can hit that exhaustion point again and my system can get back to normal.

In the meantime, hello, internet.

No comments: