---

By virtue of bouts with insomnia over a lot of years, I am something of a night owl. For the most part, it works out; I love the peace and quiet and I've always been a bit more productive late at night.

Oddly enough, though, as long as I've had an active job (the lab, the daycare, here) I've been able to pull off "morning person" as well. Maybe it's because I sleep harder, or maybe I'm not dreading the alarm clock in the morning. Maybe it's the peace and quiet of an early morning to match that of the late evening.

Basically, as long as I'm within a couple hours of the sky looking like this, I'm happy.


 
What I am not is an afternoon person.
 
I'm working on it. I've learned to eat something mid-afternoon to keep my energy up. (A peanut butter sandwich at 3:00 is my newest favorite thing.) I do what I can to avoid office work then. I'm trying to pay attention to my caffeine intake so as to avoid a crash.
 
But wow, if I could just sleep from 2:00 to 5:00 at both ends of the day and still be a functional adult, I would.
 
... That's probably a terrible idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review