My Interview With Me

So what is it you've got planned now, Ashley?

Well, I'm moving west again. I was offered a job in a place I happen to love with people that are pretty awesome, and ... well, I don't ignore things that stand in front of me and go, "Look at me! Look at me!" Even if I want to.

Well, that's ni -- wait a second. Are you insane?!

Um ... Maybe. 

All right, all right. So what does this job entail?

Um ... well ...

... You won't be cleaning things, will you?

Okay, fine. Yes. I will. But I'll also be cooking things and managing people and doing some tech-geek stuff as well.

I thought you were an engineer.

I am an engineer. This job also happens to open me up to the possibility of getting a master's at my alma mater -- or online, if I so choose -- and I get the chance to work on other dreams while I'm there, including pursuing that homebrew thing I've been so excited about lately. With an audience, no less.

That sounds strange.

Yes. But there it is.

Any other advantages?

Besides working somewhere I love and working with people that are just short of family? Well, there's the part where I can walk to work, where I can go hiking almost any day, where I have a place of my own again and people who will eat my baking experiments without complaint. Plus, well, it's a big step in the right direction, especially in comparison to what I've been doing.

... Okay, this is starting to make sense.

Thank you.

When does all this start?

Next month. I have a lot of work to do.

I'll say. Get to it, you slacker.

Comments

Amanda said…
Congratulations! Sounds like a great job.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review