About This Week

1. Weather-wise, the biggest difference between Rapid City and Sioux Falls -- and Wausau and Sioux Falls -- is the wind. In Rapid or Wausau, there is shelter. Trees, hills, foliage of other varieties, plenty of things to slow it down. In and around Sioux Falls, there's ... grass. The wind howls.

2. I do not like wind.

3. I especially don't like it this week, as we were in the process of building a shed ... and now we're in the process of rebuilding a shed. That was an unwelcome incident Thursday evening.

4. It also gave several wildfires across SoDak an extra edge this week.

5. Yeah. Really do not like wind.

6. In other news, I aaaalmost got a real night's sleep for the first time in a week and a half. As many bouts of insomnia as I generally have, this one has been particularly rough. Aided by a couple of bad days of allergies, I suppose. Blech.

7. But hey, it's almost a new week. A week of slightly more seasonal weather (look, 80 degrees is nice, but around here it seems just wrong to want your air conditioning in October). A week of some down-and-dirty work.

8. A week that will be ended with a quick trip to Wausau.

9. About time I get the last of my stuff out of Emma Jean's garage, I suppose. (Eesh.)

10. And I should drop in on the Admiral.

11. And grab a drink at Red Eye.

12. And ... wow. Okay, a quick but action-packed trip to Wausau. Suppose that's expected.

13. Hopefully my sleep patterns can be back on track before that...

Comments

Tua Sorella said…
I miss the wind...

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review