Update/Summary/Whatever

The bone-melting heat has ceased for a couple days. Good news for me, since I got to grill 100 burgers today for lunch -- and 105-degree weather is not conducive to grilling. (85 degrees is surprisingly bearable.)

Aside from that, today I also got to experience the panic of a misplaced wallet. Turns out I managed to leave it behind when I went in search of air conditioning and wi-fi on Monday. Lucky for me, the folks working here hid it away ... and recognized me as soon as I walked in.

Embarrassing? Maybe. A tremendous relief? Absolutely.

In other news, there's a fire burning on the Wyoming-SoDak border that's causing haze and orange sunsets in this area and threatening the Hills. It's up over 5000 acres now with a windy day forecasted ... which is less than encouraging at the moment.

And finally, I'm prepping for a wedding back east this weekend. Number 2 (of 4) for the year, number ... 30-something overall. Once again for someone younger than me. I keep hoping they're winding down and I keep being wrong about that...

Oh, and if you lack regular television like me, you should check out this post by Megan. It's fun, I promise.

And that's what's going on in Ashleyland these days. Back to work with me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review