Things I've Learned*

(*this summer)

I have learned ... that I really do like soy milk.

That I can be nice to people who drive me crazy. (Especially if they're only going to be around for a week.)

How quickly I can move when something spills.

How quickly I can move when a herd of children is approaching.

That it only takes two sentences to turn a conversation from "normal" to "really, really awkward."

That I still look approachable.

Just how much damage hailstones can do.

That tourists never change.

That the Hills are truly therapeutic.

That you can be a daytime regular at a bar (and never order anything more potent than Pepsi).

That Shorty's pretty cool for a brother.

How to avoid a burn.

How to not avoid a burn.

That I'm still computer-dependent.

How much I can enjoy a job ... even when it's stressing me out.

That I can load my kayak onto my car without help.

That staying in one place for too long really does drive me crazy.

That I need to go camping more often.

That no matter how old I get, there are some things that just don't change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review