Movement

Shawn: Half a mile from the nearest road!
Gus: No wonder it's in parentheses.


Three months ago I lived six miles from work. Everywhere I went required no fewer than three stoplights. Now, I live six miles from ... everything. There are generally more than three stoplights to deal with, but not till I get through a couple miles of gravel first.

Hey, my gas mileage has gone up considerably. So that's nice.

All the same, what's been stranger than being home has been holding still for so long.

Luckily, December holds a couple of road trips. One to Rapid City so that I can get some school stuff accomplished (oh, the paperwork...) and one to Wausau for fun -- a dance, a Christmas party, at least one Red Eye outing, and the less-fun part of a carload of stuff that needs to come back.

Two carloads, really. Which just means another trip will be in order in a few more weeks.

It's amazing how much more normal I can feel when I consider going on a road trip. I miss the miles...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review