Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas (The Cheesy Way)

Snowflakes on branches and streetlights and sidewalk
Pedestrians who smile and cross in the crosswalk
Old flannel shirts that are comfy and snug
Gingerbread Coffeemate added to my mug...

Dressing up for parties and wearing tall shoes
Music that helps to shove off the blues
Getting my shopping done well before spring
These are a few of my favorite things

When the car stalls
When the flight's delayed
When I'm road-raging mad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad...

Candy we've made all by ourselves
Stacks of presents put there by elves
A gingerbread house built by us all
Griswolds on TV singing "Deck The Halls"...

Family meeting for the first time in a year
Come hell or high water, we'll all be here
Stories to tell late into the night
As soon as Mia Sorella is done with her flight...

So from here I say
Enjoy your Christmas Day
As we plan to do...
And from all of us gathered at home
A merry Christmas to you!

No comments: