Christmas, Take 2

The last three days have been understandably interesting.

For our first Christmas Eve, we did a little gingerbread house planning, the normal church stuff, and then invaded some relatives for a seafood boil. (Which may or may not have involved losing a fair amount of shrimp when my uncle tripped over something and spilled most of the soup pot on the garage floor.)

Since Mia Sorella got home late Christmas night, we actually "did Christmas" yesterday instead. Saturday was spent in prep -- lots of cooking and the construction of a new gingerbread house.

The last was the cathedral. Huge and time-consuming. This was a simple cottage ... We bucked family tradition and downsized, big-time. Hansel and Gretel, complete with a witch in a window. Which you can't see here because I have very few shots from other angles that aren't annoyingly blurry.

Mia Sorella arrived on time and our second Christmas Eve was late but fun. Christmas Day 2 was appropriately action-packed.

My two most exciting awesome gifts this year? A pair of boots from Korea (knee-high, cute, surprisingly comfy) and a Packers jersey.

*Sigh.* I've pulled a full 180 from my previous stance on professional football. It saddens me a little, but not enough to go back.

Tomorrow, Mia Sorella is preparing a full Korean meal for us, which should be interesting. In the meantime, I'm going to take a voluntary fast for a few hours (egads, too much food...) and watch some "Community." [Another thing Mia Sorella introduced. I'd call her a jerk if I wasn't so amused.]

Have a good evening, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review