No Rest

I'll admit -- I slept in today. (I also slept in yesterday, but Sunday night was a considerably later night than last night.)

However, since then I've taken a long walk, made my requisite run into Sioux Falls, planned some painting, started moving things around in my room, and soon I'm going to go unpack some books.

At this point I'm trying to force some normalcy. My parents have helped -- Mom was quite excited about me coming home for awhile, in no small part because she gets to use some of my stuff (my television looks quite at home in the living room, and her stand mixer has an oil leak so mine is now on the counter). I walked in the door and some of those changes had already happened.

Plus at the moment I'm in my old room (which is technically my brother's room but fit for guests), there's Red Eye beer in the fridge, and I have a movie I've seen approximately 87 times waiting for me downstairs.

Oh, and tonight, I get to go dancing at one of the studios in town. Sweet.

Plus I ran into several people I know in town. An area population of 250,000 and in three stores I find six familiar faces. If that doesn't make it feel more normal, nothing will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review