Digression

I am not a food blogger, therefore I usually don't like to blog about food.

However.

I roasted a pumpkin today while packing up my living room -- approximately the easiest thing to cook ever. Clean a pumpkin, put it in the oven for awhile. Makes the house smell amazing as well.

Anyway, the pumpkin came first, and from that pumpkin butter, pumpkin stew, and a couple more cups of pumpkin that will likely end up baked somehow.

Then I finally got around to making rye bread from a recipe I've been dying to try. Lots of time required as it rises four times -- but by the end, I knew it was going to be well worth the effort.

And somewhere in there I took a nap.

Dinner? Dinner was pumpkin stew, fresh bread, and a steak.

The only times I've eaten so well this year were a couple of family gatherings and beef bourguignon night with the Admiral.

It's a good feeling.

Comments

Lee Ryan said…
sounds amazingly awesome!!
Ashley said…
Oh, it was. (Is. I have enough leftovers to have soup and bread all week.)

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review