Yeah...

I'm turning 26 in a couple weeks.

It doesn't exactly qualify as a big birthday. Last year's was certainly more of a milestone -- I got to use the term "quarter century" more freely and my car insurance rate dropped rather significantly.

The day itself kind of came and went without any real notice. I think I brought cinnamon rolls to work. I went out to eat to mark the end of a class at WAC and it happened to coincide with a couple of birthdays. If I remember correctly, I was just happy to not be in New Jersey at the time.

This year ... Well, this year feels off.

I'm in kind of the same boat -- I'm just happy to not be in China. But my car insurance won't change drastically (hopefully ... If it does that would mean I'm going to get into an accident in the next two weeks), I'm already happy to get carded when I buy a drink, and there are no other milestones to mark.


Why does it feel different? As far as I can tell there's nothing special about 26.

I may have to get back to you on that one. It's just plain unsettling right now.

In other news, the weather is vastly improving after our rainy-stay-inside-and-watch-movies kind of weekend. No complaints -- I had some catching up to do on my movies. And my knitting. (Did I just say that?)

Also, the input I've gotten as a result of the cell phone post (through Facebook, a couple of text messages, and the lone comment here -- thanks Lee) almost makes me want to start an Ashley's New Cell Phone Fund. There are several of you who seem to think I should get a Droid, which is kind of funny because there are just so many things to break on a Droid.

Although my gadget-loving inner geek is kind of longing for one. If it weren't for that data plan thing...

Darren, I still say no to a Blackberry.

Moonie, I still say no to a flip phone. I'd have to flip it open to both call and text. At least with my current one I only have to open it to text, and even then it's only if I have both hands free and want to use the keyboard ... I'd like to keep it that way. (Paranoia? Perhaps. Earned, I think.)

Ironically, Lee, the one I've examined most closely is the first ruggedized QWERTY phone I've seen. It's crazy expensive but it could almost be worth it, particularly if I spend as much time out on the water this summer as I'd like.  (Nothing can save a phone if it sinks to the bottom of the lake, but it would be nice to have something that isn't destroyed if it gets splashed.)

[On a related note, my brother just got a ruggedized flip phone ... and broke it within two weeks. Yep, we're definitely related. Gonna have to stop cracking jokes about Shorty being adopted.]

Okay. Lunch is over and I should be getting back to work. (I love email-to-post.) After all, I have a manager to roast.

Have a good one, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review