Lovin' It

I have a fantastic life.

Last night I had the somewhat bittersweet pleasure of throwing a party for the Admiral, who recently sold his house and will be moving to Minneapolis in a couple of weeks. Utterly depressing, yes, but that particular location is more suited to him.

In any case, half the fun of the party was the incredibly varied group of people it brought. Engineers, dancers, car salesmen, florists, librarians, non-profit full-timers -- all sorts of sides of Wausau represented by almost any personality type you could imagine.

As I was there, talking and telling stories and occasionally dancing (nothing like tango in the middle of a living room to make you realize how much things have changed) I was reminded of just how good I have it.

Really. I have fantastic friends both here and elsewhere, people for whom I would do anything. There are people to have serious conversations, people to just goof off, people to lend sound financial advice (did I just say that?), people to help with the heavy lifting, people to try out new restaurants, people to dance, and people off whom to bounce ideas.

And I have a nice, quiet house to go to when I'm tired of people as a whole.

So as I end this Valentine's Day, kicked back on my couch with a movie and my laptop, I can't help but think that there's no other way I'd rather be spending my evening.

Unless, of course, I could find that chocolate I bought last week ...

Have a great week, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review