Ho Hum.

You know what?

Yesterday, I had a truly fabulous day. From beginning to end.

It started freakishly early. (I will never fully understand early risers. I like mornings, but I really, truly love my nice, warm, cozy bed.) It started so early because that's how I've been doing Tuesdays ... They're my mornings to talk to Mia Sorella, and yesterday was no exception.

Anyway, I got up freakishly early, got ready for the day rather leisurely, and found my way to a local coffee shop where I can sit in the parking lot and use their wireless without freaking people out.

Some of my habits are a little odd.

I saw two meteorites on my ten-minute drive, which basically made my day right then. Just plain awesome.

Anyway, I got some coffee, then made myself comfortable and logged on. While chatting with Mia Sorella, I got to watch the sun come up, and I made it to work an hour earlier than usual. Which meant leaving an hour earlier than usual, during daylight. Fabulous.

After work there was a beer release party at one of the microbreweries in town. Seven of us gathered there for some pretty good new beer and some absolutely fantastic limited-time appetizers ... and, of course, some good ol' group social time. By the time I got home, I was in the best mood I'd been in for weeks.

What I'm trying to say is ... today's a little disappointing in comparison.

Not bad, by any accounts, but not exciting.

It's been a decent day. Work was busy but fairly uneventful (arguably the best kind of day). I'm back at the B, enjoying my internet access (although I didn't order the drink I really wanted because I base my drinks on who happens to be working the cafe ... it's distinctly possible I'm here too much). I have some food to experiment with at home and a couple unfinished projects, so I won't be bored.

But not exciting.

I guess that's the trade for starting off a day with meteorites...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review