*Cough, cough* Ahem...

Aside from waking up with an inability to speak, I'm having a pretty good day.

I described it to my mother yesterday as feeling like I was just getting over a cold -- but being confused because I have no recollection of having a cold to begin with. Yesterday was just a scratchy throat, however ... Today I couldn't speak.

Through hot tea, various liquids, and general use I'm back to almost-normal (a little hoarse and an octave lower than usual, but almost-normal). And I feel fine. I'd rather deal with one symptom (and one that's only a little annoying and not so bad, really) than a real cold. Oh please, let me only have to deal with one symptom and not a real cold.

It's hard to be in a bad mood this week, really. The office is already half-empty; I'm surprisingly caught up on my work and my desk is getting cleaner (as in I found it again). Holiday weeks are often some of the best ones -- fewer distractions, fewer panicky managers (although I haven't had to deal with many of those for a few months now), lots of conversations about upcoming plans.

And hey, in 48 hours, I'll be helping Mom prepare a small Thanksgiving dinner. That's an awesome thought.

Actually, there's a lot of fun coming up. This weekend it's Thanksgiving; next weekend is our company holiday party. A couple weeks after that we're doing a semi-fancy progressive dinner that should also be a hoot. And then -- hey! -- it's Christmas.

There is a lot of activity ahead.

I hope my voice can hold up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review