Saturday

Well, Nicole and Justin got married yesterday -- and today's the party! Much fun will be had by all, I'm sure ... Especially if the weather cooperates and the snow holds off. I don't know how lucky we'll get, though.

It's kind of funny. E-Train's wedding was this same weekend last year and they had perfect weather. Absolutely perfect. Seventies, sunny most of the time, wedding on the river.

But, well, you can't expect that to happen two years in a row. This time we're bundling up. Justin recommended dressing for the weather, not the reception, and I think that was fantastic advice.

Anyway! I should be at home, getting a few things together for tonight. Emphasis on "should." I've been out since sometime mid-morning, running errands and such instead, including this current stop at the B ... again ... for Internet access.

I have been here enough in the last week that every -- EVERY -- employee recognizes me now. It used to just be a few of them -- you know, one or two guys in the cafe, a couple of the booksellers. One woman who seems to like my choices in jewelry.

But it's gone beyond that now. I think I'm okay with that. Maybe.

Actually, what I'm more curious about is the identity of the one other guy who happens to be as much or more of a regular than me. We acknowledge each other -- one of us always seems to be leaving as the other is appearing -- but that's about it. And the staff members are just as familiar with him as they are with me. Several of them more so.

Do you actually care about any of this? I wouldn't.

Off I go. Time to get something accomplished for real, dangnabbit.


[This remains my favorite Cool Table picture.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review