Off In My Own Little World

... Well, sort of. I'm back at the B -- of course -- and had to chuckle when I walked in right behind another regular. (Seriously. Here more than me.)

It's a good weekend for a lot of things. The holiday it contains makes it a good weekend to be social; the weather looks like it could be a good one for holing up at the house and avoiding people. The fact that I have nothing set in stone means that I could get a lot done ... It also means I could end up accomplishing nothing.

Yeah, that really shouldn't be an option. It used to occur a lot more often than it has lately...

The shift started when my computer died.

It's weird. This removal from internet access thing has me strategizing my time a bit more -- something that definitely needed to happen. The process has gotten streamlined; every time I hop on, I spend some time getting caught up on email, some time blogging, a little bit of time on Facebook. Heck, sometimes I even show up with a list -- "Things I Must Look Up When I Can."

Less time playing random time-wasting games, less time surfing, less time on just about every site I used to frequent.

It's no longer my time-filler. Instead of sitting down at my computer every time I have fifteen minutes before I need to leave, I pick up something on my reading list. I straighten up my living room. I work on an art project.

The only downside I've really seen so far is that I'm now more limited as far as when I can talk to Mia Sorella -- but then again, that was something that worked best with a little planning anyway. Now I just have to consider the operating hours of some obliging local businesses.

I like this change. It's been a good one for Ashleyland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review