Computers, Weather, And Alfred Nobel

I don't think I ever fully realized how much time I spend on my computer (not at work, since that's my job description, but at home) until I had to go elsewhere in order to have Internet access.

Let me tell you -- it's been a learning experience already and I'm only a couple days in.

Yesterday I crashed a table at the B again. I had originally intended to hit the library (I love the free wi-fi options in this town) but the B had something the library didn't: hot coffee. And yesterday, a day it rained from sometime before I woke up till sometime long after dark, demanded a hot drink.

DEMANDED.

So I set up shop again after ordering my mocha from the kid whose name I should definitely know by now -- the one who doesn't even ask if I have a membership anymore -- and enjoyed my warm, cozy bookstore time.

It was an improvement over my why-must-I-wear-four-layers-in-my-own-house? time, which soon followed. Tonight maybe I'll turn the thermostat up just a couple more degrees.

This computer thing means I spend my lunches checking my email and perusing news articles. Not such a bad thing, really. It's quiet.

Nobel Prizes have been awarded in threes for the first three categories -- medicine, physics, and chemistry. I'm guessing the literature prize (tomorrow) will only go to one person; I have no idea what to expect for the peace prize (which, after the 2007 winner, has left me with no real idea as to what to anticipate ever again). I didn’t even know there was a sixth prize for economic sciences.

Interesting to watch, though. Believe it or not.

Okay. Time to get back to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review