Juuust A Bit Outside

It all started on Friday when I walked into the B and, for the first time in years, the B actually disrupted my equilibrium.

It was a simple enough transition -- they had moved a few shelves and the main group of armchairs. Unfortunately, they moved them to what used to be my slightly-hidden spot to sit down and read. Which means that I now have to a) reorient myself in the store (when they move one shelf, there's a trickle down effect and I can no longer find anything), and b) find a new slightly-hidden spot for those Sunday afternoons when the store is overrun.

It's not really a bad thing. Change is good. I have some exploring to do. Plus I'm less likely to buy something if I don't know exactly where to find it -- and oddly enough, I rarely buy a book the first time it occurs to me that I might want to.

Saturday was spent shopping in Appleton, where there was huge success -- the two brides that were there both found their dresses (we had nothing to do with that; we were at the mall while they were shopping)  and then we all met up at a fantastic, very cool restaurant called Good Company. Highly recommended if you're ever in the Appleton area.

We got back fairly early and from then until yesterday morning I had very little contact with the outside world. I ran errands, I cleaned, I read Mansfield Park, I relaxed. It was rather heavenly and pretty unexceptional.

Last night as I listened to a storm roll through, I was struck with a strange feeling of the ominous.

I don't know what it is, but something feels ... different about this week. Not scary-different, not oh-no-what's-going-on-different, just ... shifted. Like things after this week will be different. Not quite on the order of past events (I can't find the post I want to reference and it's annoying me), but that feeling is there.

Maybe I'm just in an odd mood. Maybe it's Thursday's impending full moon. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

Maybe it's all in my head.

Comments

JustMe said…
Oddly enough, I've been getting that feeling this week, too. Although, for me it might be the realization that this fall is my "final" semester, and after that...well, I could go anywhere.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review