Heating Up

Let me just say something.

I do not -- do not -- enjoy the heat.

My average body temp is just a little above average and I overheat too easily. Humidity gets to me quickly. On the flip side, I stay warm when everybody else needs to add a layer when the weather cools down. One of the reasons I prefer spring and fall to mid-summer.

Anyway!

All summer I've been comfortable. My un-air-conditioned house has been perfectly fine. However, It's finally acting like summer around here. I think it hit ninety yesterday, and today it's more of the same.

I am not adjusting well.

After the craziness of last weekend (which, to reiterate, started with a night out with the boys, then went on to include the death of a friend and the wedding of other friends), I need a weekend where I do very little. Or at least where I stay home and take care of things here. (This house is a disaster zone.) I need to clean. I need to mow.

But.

Things are -- and I'm not joking -- melting off my wall. I almost got taken out by a picture frame. It's warm.

So for now, I'm taking an afternoon break and finding some air-conditioned businesses to patronize. Maybe by four it will have cooled off enough for me to get something done without sweating in a terribly unladylike fashion. (Yeah, yeah, I know. Why start being ladylike now? Because I can, that's why!)

Plus, well, I need groceries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review