And Now For Something Completely Different

(The dissipation of Hurricane WI.)

It started last night about the time our volleyball match got going. There was a steady flicker in the distance; by the time our games were over, it had started raining and we could finally hear the rumble of thunder.

We've been low on precipitation all summer ... so twelve steady hours of rain is taking its toll. The lightning actually woke me up in the middle of the night and convinced me to unplug a few appliances. (Childhood memories of lost stereos and TVs in our lightning rod house make me somewhat justifiably paranoid.)

And this morning I found myself thankful for new tires. My old set had me hydroplaning if someone spit on the road -- getting through the urban flooding on my street would have been nearly impossible.

My backyard will be a full meadow by tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review