Thoughts On A Friday Afternoon

It's been a pretty good week. Action-packed but good.

However, I'm starting to get on my own nerves, which is usually an indication that I'm utterly annoying to those around me as well.

Which means it's time to hit the reset button. I don't think I'll be going off the grid -- just hiding in the shadows. There's plenty to do that doesn't involve other people, and I intend to focus there.

Now for something completely different ...

Gave Emma Jean a ride to her car over lunch and started telling my "wild youth" car stories -- at which point I realized that, although I don't have all the "wild youth" stories that some people do, there are still some oddities. Like the Flying Jeep. And car tag. And things that happen in cornfields. And that one incident where I almost slid out the window of a moving Le Mans. (Tee hee.)

Oh, and have you ever come across a mildly irritated emu in the dark? It's a scary experience.

The thing about all of these little incidents that differs from other stories I've heard is that there was never -- not once -- any alcohol involved.

Yeah. All the crazy stuff I do happens when I'm stone-cold sober. That's also when I'm more likely to ask random questions of complete strangers, climb backyard garden structures, hike in pitch darkness without a flashlight, or stay up until 5AM making funnel cake with my brother.

Forget liquid courage -- alcohol is far more likely to make me chicken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review