Rambling Girl

I took a rather sudden but convenient (last truly free weekend till mid-July) trip to Green Bay on Sunday afternoon so I could get fitted for the bridesmaid dress I need for Bri's wedding at the beginning of October.

It seems so far off but considering I needed to order the dress and it won't be in till late July or early August -- I'm glad I took care of it when I had the chance.

Anyway!

This weekend I'm headed west for one last hurrah before Shorty leaves the country. While he's gone, Mia Sorella will leave as well. It's the last chance the five of us are going to have to hang out for about a year -- crazy thought.

We're growing up. It's weird.

Given the relative intensity of last week, the number of things I took care of this past weekend, and the events coming up, I have absolutely no focus. It's causing problems.

I'm making this trip west this weekend. In a couple of weeks I'll be flying out to RC for a family reunion/birthday party and a family friend's wedding (just happens to be the same weekend -- kind of awesome, actually) ... And it sounds as though I can catch Missy, my crazy Storm friend, that Thursday night. It'll be a great, hectic weekend.

Then I fly back for a few more days of work ... I've heard rumblings about possible plans for the 4th of July but have made none of my own because I need a break, dangnabbit.

No major plans through July and August (one wedding here but no travel), although Labor Day I'll either be back in Sioux Falls or going to a bachelorette party in Vegas (which I can't turn down because I've already missed one chance to go to Vegas this year ... plus I want to go).

And at the end of September, I get my week out west. There's a lot of prep going into that trip and it's taking all I have to not plan every last minute of it. Not a problem I'm used to -- I have a few days of freedom to do whatever I really want to do.

That's right. It's a vacation where I intend to relax and let it be a vacation. I've been dreaming about this trip for the last three months already -- when it finally rolls around, I don't know how I'll be able to contain myself.

Wow. This is one terribly rambling post. I'd be ashamed if it wasn’t for the fact that it reflects the state of my brain rather well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review