Nutty

This has easily been one of the nuttiest months I've had in recent history.

Coming from April -- one of the worst months I've ever had -- I had low expectations. You might even say I was just hoping it wouldn't be completely miserable.

Yeah. Aim high.

The month started with a trip to Appleton with the girls -- the perfect stress relief after a couple of crazy weeks. The following Wednesday, I got to see the Russian National Ballet perform "Don Quixote" at the Grand. Fantastic evening.

The next Friday I sent flowers to my mom at work for the first time, and the following weekend I stayed home and started the spring cleaning process. I wish I could fully express how badly I needed that weekend as it was -- alone, productive, and keeping whatever hours I felt like keeping.

Then, my 25th birthday, starting early in the day with cinnamon rolls and ending with an outing to Red Eye. The next day, a beer launch at the same establishment. The day after that, the Taste of Home expo at the Grand (another fantastic night with the girls).

And that Thursday -- my parents' 32nd anniversary -- Mia Sorella announced that she had been offered a job with a private school in South Korea.

The next day, I drove back to SoDak for Shorty's graduation.

The weekend was crazy, fun, frustrating, exhausting, a little sad -- all the things you expect from such family gatherings, particularly one where you see your baby brother take the next step in his life. At the same time, his T-shirts arrived, meaning that he was officially done fundraising for his trip to South Africa.

For the next week I just tried to get caught up on life -- but starting Friday I lost footing again. First, the Rubik's Cube birthday party; then, kayaking for the first time (which I need to do again soon -- it was awesome); then a day of normalcy ending in "Star Trek" abnormalcy; finally, a cookout at my house with an unexpected but fantastic guest list.

The rest of the week has consisted of slightly crazy work hours in preparation for meetings in New Jersey next week (about which I'm not terribly excited), a couple of group outings, and the WORST VOLLEYBALL GAME EVER.


It was bad.

This weekend, I have to get caught up on everything so leaving Monday isn't an issue.

June will be interesting, as will the rest of the summer, I suspect. It's had the perfect setup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review