Show Tunes And Serenades

I was singing show tunes in the shower this morning.

Normally I'm not a shower-singer. Blame it on years of semi-communal living ... Even in the last two years while I've lived alone I've felt as though people could hear me far too well. It's more than a bit unsettling if your singing voice is like mine.

Today, though, my sympathy for the kid upstairs couldn't override the fact that I had a song stuck in my head. Really, really stuck. Painfully stuck. Annoyingly stuck.

It's still there.

What happened to those days where the songs I heard going around and around were normal? Pop-ish? Rock-ish? Punk-ish?

Why the heck do they have to be show tunes?

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that my head isn't into work today. I'm thinking instead about a long drive and a long conversation with ... me. Maybe a phone call or two. Some good, relaxing alone time.

I'm ready for this. At least then I'll only be singing to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review