Show Tunes And Serenades

I was singing show tunes in the shower this morning.

Normally I'm not a shower-singer. Blame it on years of semi-communal living ... Even in the last two years while I've lived alone I've felt as though people could hear me far too well. It's more than a bit unsettling if your singing voice is like mine.

Today, though, my sympathy for the kid upstairs couldn't override the fact that I had a song stuck in my head. Really, really stuck. Painfully stuck. Annoyingly stuck.

It's still there.

What happened to those days where the songs I heard going around and around were normal? Pop-ish? Rock-ish? Punk-ish?

Why the heck do they have to be show tunes?

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that my head isn't into work today. I'm thinking instead about a long drive and a long conversation with ... me. Maybe a phone call or two. Some good, relaxing alone time.

I'm ready for this. At least then I'll only be singing to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kicking Back

SWG2L: Party Of One

Phraseology