Friday Morning

They laid off a bunch of people at work on Friday.

There. I said it.

My department was spared, largely because ... actually, I'm not entirely sure why. I think there might be some creativity behind that one on the part of my boss. If there's a second round, we might not be so lucky.

The guy across the cube wall from me (next aisle over) and four other people within normal-voice-range are gone, however. It's more than a bit to get used to, and tomorrow morning will be rough on all of us.

At the same time that people were being called into HR, there was a "standoff" just down the street in one of the apartment buildings. There, a man had reportedly threatened his and his girlfriend's lives with a handgun. She got out, called the police, and he wouldn't respond to their attempts to make contact. In the end, they busted in, tazed him, and pulled him out.

He's okay -- physically, at least -- and is being held.

The whole reason I tell you this? It happened within half a mile of the office, and that man is/was a coworker as well.

It was an interesting morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review