Getting To England, Part 2

When I first considered going to Anya's wedding, even I didn't take myself seriously. It would be an expensive trip, there were a lot of details, I would be traveling alone. I threw the idea around for several months before I actually sat down and laid out a potential budget.

It wasn't just money I was dealing with -- it was vacation time, and project time. All of that was going to come out somewhere.

My one sold project was going to be well out of my hands by then, and with proper warning my boss would not assign any random presales projects that would come up due during the week I would potentially be gone. I could work it out so I would be around for part of two weeks instead of completely absent for one week; that might not always be beneficial, but it would work better with when the wedding was taking place and the savings on the plane ticket were phenomenal.

Then, the Brit arrived.

It would take another month before I brought it up -- "Hey, I'm thinking of going to England" -- but when I did the help was plentiful. Suddenly, everything fell into place, almost alarmingly neatly.

And, just like that, I was on my way to England. Alone. With no guaranteed means of contacting people once I got there.

Something about that was truly thrilling ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review