England, Part 2: Bath

More from my journal, this time in Bath.

This is some measure of Heaven ...

I'm having tea at the Jane Austen Centre in Bath. Basically? This is perfect for my English adventure. It seems only fitting that I order "Tea With Mr. Darcy" and specify the Russian Caravan tea.

After this, I'm going back to the hotel and sleeping for at least a little while. Showering first, though. I stink.

(How cliche -- I'm at the Jane Austen Centre and I'm writing. But just to shake said cliche, I'm writing about how I smell. Ha!)

(Later, back in my hotel)

I'm missing out on the night life and that's quite alright with me.

No, I am come to Bath for my health, following in the original purpose of the town. I came here to escape the busy-ness of London and try to wrestle my body into the correct time zone.

Alas, I've slept at odd hours -- even for home time -- but I needed it rather badly. After so long, I was quickly becoming utterly useless as a reasoning human being.

Having tea in my hotel as I wrote the above section.

While taking a break during the walking tour the next morning.

Bath is a gorgeous little town, but so terribly easily to get lost in -- or to suddenly feel as though the walls are collapsing in on you. Somehow I can understand Jane's feelings about it -- both her original (delighted) and later (depressed) thoughts.

The Roman Baths -- around which the city was founded.

Somewhere along the gravel walk ... which isn't very gravelly.


The Abbey. I was staying in the shadow of this building.

Later today, I'm heading into Derbyshire...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review