The Quick Rundown

I can only tell you about the last week in stages. There is no way for me to get the whole thing in one comprehensive post, nor do I have any desire to try.

So first, an overall view:

Last Wednesday morning (the 18th), I flew out of the massive Central Wisconsin Airport (six gates and no one knows why) at 10:10. After several hours in Detroit, I then flew on to Heathrow, getting there at 7AM London time.

Next, after an adventure on the Tube, I hopped on a train and headed west to Bath, where I did some sightseeing and slept. (I had been up for about 30 hours by the time I crashed.)

The following day (Friday), I hopped on a train again and headed to Derby, where the wedding was.

A lot happened besides the wedding, but that'll all come later.

Monday morning, I said my goodbyes and headed back to the train station. I was in London around 1:30 and navigated the Tube again, getting to my hotel around 2:30. Did a little sightseeing and crashed again.

The next day -- Tuesday, two days ago -- I did a whirlwind tour of London. It was nuts.

Then, at 5:30 in the morning Wednesday (11:30PM Tuesday, Central Time), I checked out of my hotel, spent an hour on the Tube, and eventually made it back to Heathrow. Thus began the 17 hour trek home.

The flight from Minneapolis to CWA took off on time and landed twenty minutes early -- a little before 4:00 yesterday, where Moonie picked me up.

And so my crazy English adventure ended.

Many, many more details will follow, as long as I feel like talking about the trip. Which is likely -- at least for the next week or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review