Lunch Breaking

Considering that by 10:00 yesterday I felt as though I'd been mugged, today is going well. Or at least going okay. I'll take okay.

My day is half over. This is the point in the day when the office gets quiet, people leave to run errands, anyone taking a half day disappears altogether -- lunch is a good time around here.

I used to eat lunch with the Cool Table crowd; that was my chance to be loud and social. A few months back I stopped, chiefly because a project had hit the fan and I was working straight through lunch a lot more.

That habit hasn't completely died. My lunch breaks now are ... different. Sometimes they aren't actually breaks. Sometimes I work through a normal lunch time and take a break later; sometimes I want to get out of here earlier and keep working.

When I do take a break, I usually stay at my desk, eat random leftovers, and get caught up on blogs and the news.

Today is no exception. Leftover steak bites, crackers and hummus, a Pepsi. A sudden realization that I've been targeted on Andi's blog. A chuckle at the expense of Texas and Indiana authorities who had to deal with hackers changing road signs to warn of zombie and raptor attacks. A realization that I should post something myself.

So here I am.

Andi's post got me wondering. Who's out there? Anybody? I know Andi reads. I get a couple other hits from Rapid City, Paul stops by out in PA, Darren drops in occasionally and someone in Sioux Falls registers every now and then. My mother doesn't read this thing, nor any other family member that I'm aware of (except occasionally Mia Sorella leaves a comment). The guys say something every now and then. Aside from those, I get the phantom one-hit wonders from China and other boats passing in the night.

My curiosity continues. Who are you? Where are you? What's new in your life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review