And So It Continues

I am accounting's best friend right now.

We're under a lot of pressure from corporate to cut down on overhead, including held over vacation time. Since I've only been here for two years, I don't have a lot of that to play with, but there's still potential for carryover.

However, three minutes with the calendar and I can use three weeks of vacation, thereby getting myself into the necessary "safe" zone for vacation to carry. Two long-distance weddings, three holidays, one graduation, and a half day already used for sick time and I'm close.

I don't know if I've ever known this much about vacations this far in advance. It's a little alarming. Handy, though.

So it's one of those crazy days -- something I've had a lot of lately thanks to a certain project and other events -- and I'm not totally certain what I'm running on anymore. I'm low on food at home so my meals have been ... Well, I think the best word is "creative." An apple with crackers and hummus. Cereal any time of day. Chex mix and an orange.

Maybe I should reconsider buying something heat-and-eat.

In any case, this all means I'm not eating a whole lot. Thanks to the volume of stuff going on, I'm not always sleeping much, either.


Actually, it feels an awful lot like college. Might explain why I'm kind of having fun with it. Plus I know it'll end eventually, before the semester would usually end. Then I can eat like a normal person again, and maybe even sleep in on a weekend.

Maybe.

Well, back to work. Have a good day, folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review