1000 Words


There is an awful lot going on in this picture.

First, there's the intended subject: my new coffee mug, filled with wondrous, life-giving hot chocolate. (And a candy cane, one of my favorite Christmas things.)

Have I ever mentioned how much I love snowflakes? Because I do.

Then, there's the unread books on which said mug is perched. The table runner that prompted a comment from Emma Jean about celebrating V-Day at the wrong time of year. (She didn't realize at the time how strongly I dislike the faux holiday.) Candles that are normally lit by this time of night -- on the nights I can find my lighter, that is. Remotes that are, miraculously, right where they should be. The white elephant gift I got on Friday waving at the camera. (I thought Moonie's girlfriend had brought it, but I was wrong. It was, of course, Moonie himself.) And there's the silver nativity in the background. And my sewing machine. And a stack of not-yet-wrapped Christmas presents that, thankfully, aren't identifiable here. And a DVD paused long enough to show only the player's screen saver.

Just another Sunday night in Ashleyland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review